Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The woes of a type-A over-achiever

Have you ever had that moment when you get stressed out because you don't feel stressed, but you feel like you should?

That's a stressful sentence in and of itself.  Let me break it down for you, because I really want you to understand what I'm saying (not because I'm doubting your intelligence).

Have you ever had that moment when you get stressed out


because you don't feel stressed, 


but you feel like you should?

The Chinese apparently have a word for this (not that that will help you very much, unless you can read Chinese, but I'm reading an article about it right now).  It's the one on the bottom left: 
I tried to find a typed version of it so you could copy-paste it if you wanted, but, as it doesn't really translate into English, it was hard to find an acceptable phrase to type into Google.
***EDIT - Thanks to my friend Eric, I can now give you a copy-pasteable version!: 纠结 ***


Well, all of that is to say, that's what I'm feeling right now.

It's not that I don't have things to do; they just don't seem as important as once they would have, and that's stressing me.  

It's silly, I know.


I'm going through a period of intense change in my life right now.  I, personally, think it's a change for the Good, but I'm rather close to the situation, so that may just be my opinion.  It's making it hard to know what to write about, though, but, as thoughts occur to me, I'll try to write them.

There's not much new happening in Korea for me anymore, either, so that's also cutting down on the blogging front.

I am, however, woefully behind on picture updates.  I'm going to try to get on that soon.  Keep an eye out, and, should you ever think of a topic you want me to have an opinion on, let me know, and then I'll have a blogging topic.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment