Sunday, January 15, 2012

Harry Potter Camp - Day 8 - Charms Class

This video was way too good (and too reminiscent of my Slytherin friend, disappointed by my "easy" spells) to hide behind a title link.  On the other hand, the video that is there is also rather funny, but that's mostly because the Portugese-dub voices are hilarious.  Enjoy them both, then read on.


Day 8, Charms Class was the other winner of the Students' Choice Award.  It surprised me that it would do so, as I thought the "charm" we did was rather common knowledge, but apparently not.  I'm not going to explain the trick to it, as I'm kind of curious now.  Look at the process here, then post the answers to the questions in comments section.  I really want to know if I was severely misled by my opinion of its commonality.

Process and questions for you to answer in the comments section.
Wingardium Levisoa!
Hufflepuf[f] and Ravenclaw, hard at work, writing the answers to the questions that I hope you will answer too.
Finally, I'm going to leave you with another video.  This is not an activity that made the cut in the final draft of my lesson plans (we're just going to pretend it didn't exist).  Even though the kids laughed and had a good time, I don't think it had enough educational value to suggest that other people do it.  I included it, because I had a different hot air balloon project that I wanted to do with them, but, after successfully setting parts of my building and my hand on fire twice, I decided it wasn't the best classroom activity.  Therefore, I had to think fast and through together the following balloon race (which also had its own monkey wrench that I didn't think of in time to prevent):


Just remember in your practicing at home: It's Levi-OH-sa, not Levio-SAH.  Not that you should be practicing at home, what with the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery and all... ah well, as long as you're over 17 and/or avoid certain house elves trying to save your life, you should be fine.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment