Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Classroom Christmas Parties

So, I had this brilliant idea to throw a Christmas Party for the kiddos... all 320 of them, split across 10 classes, of course.  The plan was golden:

1. Sing a Christmas song as a warm-up
2. Decorate Christmas cookies
3. Make Christmas ornaments while we
4. Listen to the Christmas story
5. If time, take Christmas photos

There was just one problem: I severely underestimated the amount of work that goes into making 640 sugar cookies.  Oops.  It resulted in this:





But all that work resulted in this:





Some people call it "chaos;" I call it love.  

Anyway, this love resulted in my Christmas tree going from looking like this:


To looking like this:

That is my brother, whom I call Bug, and my beautiful Christmas tree, which we spent all of 15 minutes decorating.
This picture was simply so you could understand the vertical challenge we had.

The moral of this story:
Love freely.  It's worth it.

(Yes, I know I didn't really write enough words to condone that moral, but each picture is worth a thousand of them, so go back and find the in-between parts that will justify the moral.)

:) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment