Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wait a second! I'm in KOREA!

Recently, I've fallen into a routine... I'm pretty much used to life here now.  I have a pattern... I can predict certain things... Not EVERYONE who can speak English HAS to be my best friend...

I found myself thinking today, "Yeah, this is pretty normal."  Then I though, "Wait a second!  I'm in KOREA!"  Isn't it funny how quickly we can take amazing things for granted?  I do mean we, when I say that... And just to prove I'm not alone in that, keep reading:


When was the last time you thought about how truly amazing a baby is?... that from a single act of love (passion) this little person came into being.

When was the last time you sat and watched the uniformity and productivity of a single ant colony?

When was the last time you truly stopped to register that people outside yourself have lives and thoughts to which you will never be fully privy? 


Really, when you stop and truly try to fathom these things, I guarantee your head will start to hurt.


Here I am, in Korea, surrounded by people who don't even think in the same logic as I do, AND I THINK THIS IS NORMAL??!! Sooooo... I'm taking full advantage of where I am, and have filled my schedule with all sorts of fun cultural things.  (The reason you care about this is because it means that you will be receiving a bunch of really cool pictures soon.  Trust me, I know what's on the schedule... I know the coolness that is coming.)

What does this mean for you?  Well... maybe you should stop and think about what you think is normal... Is it really?

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment