Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Korea's Demilitarized Zone (a follow up post)

Everything I saw during my visit to the DMZ has been percolating inside me.  The more I think about it, the more it breaks my heart.  I'm sure you could tell that based on my last posting about it... I wasn't exactly working to keep it a secret.

My friend Joshua and were talking today, and he showed me a trailer for a movie that came out here this past July (linked to the title).  It's getting ready to release in the U.S. with English subtitles.  It's all about the war that has been plaguing this little peninsula for the last 70 years.  I would highly recommend watching both the title-link and the trailer below, then taking yourself and anyone for whom it would be suitable to see this film.  Not only does it look very well done, I think it will voice my feelings on the subject better than I can.


As I said to Joshua, I feel like this war has captured my soul.  It's constantly there, on the edges of my mind, begging me to help in any way I can.  Currently, I have no idea how to help, so I'm doing the one thing that I know generally helps: I'm spreading the word.

Go see the movie; I pray that it wil break your heart too.

No comments:

Post a Comment