Sunday, November 27, 2011

Forsaking all others...

I had the distinct pleasure of attending my cousin's wedding via USTREAM this weekend.  It was inspired idea, and I am so grateful for all the time and effort the bride and groom put in to make me feel a part of what they were doing.  I love them so very much, and I honestly couldn't be happier because of this marriage without incessantly crying happy tears (I already am smiling and starting to cry about 2 or 3 times an hour, but that's probably also because I pulled 2 all-nighters in a row in an effort to catch this wedding).

Unfortunately, it was very hard to hear the ceremony, but one line rang out loud and clear, echoing through my head from that moment on.  The pastor looked at my cousin and was asking him to pledge his vows.  The only line I clearly heard was, "forsaking all others".  Having a bit more time on my hands as I watched the rest of the ceremony, it gave me the opportunity to really dwell on the magnitude of that vow.

Forsaking all others

I can't even begin to vocalize the thoughts in my head on that subject, because it's so much more than I can coherently write, but I hope you will take some time to mull it over in your head too.

That being said, I want to leave you with some if the lyrics to the song "Sigh No More" by Mumford and Sons.  There is a depth of Truth so deep in this that I can't find the bottom.  I also associate it with my cousin and his (now) wife(!), as I heard it first when I was with them.  It is my prayer that they continue to live, making these words their path:

Love it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design, an alignment, a cry
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be 

Lots of love to you!  I'll leave you with some photos and a clip from their wedding, as I saw it. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment