|Our delicious Passover Pizza.|
- 4 pieces of Manischewitz Matzos (I used the plain kind, but I'm eager to try out the whole wheat sometime.)
- cream cheese
- 1c Prego tomato sauce
- 1c Pace picante sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 can of corn (My Ashkenazi Jewish friends can feel free to omit this ingredient)
- 1/3 yellow onion, diced
- 5-6 stems of parsley - shred the leaves, dice the stems
- 1/4-1/3 c cut up mushrooms (I used enoki)
- 2 jalepeños (I used one red and one green) with most of their seeds removed and diced. (Normal bell peppers would be fine if you're not into spice)
- shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Cover matzos with cream cheese.
- Spoon desired amount of sauce into the middle of each matzo, then sprinkle Italian seasoning across them to taste.
- Add the toppings evenly across each matzo, then cover with cheese (generally, you need more than you think).
- Bake at about 375°F for 5-10 minutes or until the matzos are browning and the cheese is melted. Everything is already cooked, you just need to get everything warm. (I'm cooking in a convection oven, so my timings could be slightly different than yours.)
And voila! Deliciousness. This is one the kids are sure to enjoy. I'd recommend serving it with a Romaine, strawberries, and feta salad and a side of quinoa (mixed with spinach wilts, cranberries, walnuts, and feta - if you're not a vegetarian, some baked chicken is good in this too).