Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Passover Nachos

Due to my inability to stay awake last night, I did not get to post this recipe, BUT, if any of you still haven't eaten, I would highly recommend it.  In case you haven't noticed, my cooking tends to have a Mexican flair to it, and you can thank my lovely friend Alex and her Mamí for that.  Their food is so good that I tried making some of it one day, and I've been hooked ever since.  So, today, I'll bring Passover (Leftovers) Nachos.  It was incredibly easy and a good way to reclaim my tupperware from the fridge.  I ate this whole thing, because I'm generally calorie-deprived on school days, but, for people who eat correctly, I'd recommend serving this as a side, or a two-person meal with a side-salad.


Ingredients:
  • 2 pieces of  Manischewitz Matzos, crushed to nacho-size
  • 2 or 3 Passover Burger patties, crumbled
  • 1/2-3/4 c Curry Rice (as found attached to the Passover Burgers recipe as a side dish option)
  • 1/2 yellow onion, diced
  • 1 green jalapeño, chopped
  • Several stalks of parsley, chopped (I'm still recovering from that Seder, but if you're not, cilantro is amazing on food like this.)
  • Extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, to taste (I like a lot.)
  • Salsa (or, in my case, leftover corn salad)

Procedure
  1. Lay out your matzos on a plate.  You may want to salt them a little.  It's up to you.  I didn't.
  2. Add everything on top, except potentially the Salsa (that one's your call and really depends on whether you prefer warm salsa or not).
  3. Microwave it for about 5 minutes, stopping to stir.  This gets pretty thick, so the stirring is important to get everything heated.
  4. Enjoy!
Before the cheese layer is added.  Doesn't it look lovely, even like that?
From the first bite of this, I knew it was heaven.  The Matzos do get a little soggy, and really can't replace tortilla chips, but, hey - what can you do?  They do, however present an interesting base flavor that makes it all taste somewhat like a casserole.  I like it a lot, but don't expect a fully nacho feel. :)

As always, please leave your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment