- 2 pieces of Manischewitz Matzos, crushed to nacho-size
- 2 or 3 Passover Burger patties, crumbled
- 1/2-3/4 c Curry Rice (as found attached to the Passover Burgers recipe as a side dish option)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green jalapeño, chopped
- Several stalks of parsley, chopped (I'm still recovering from that Seder, but if you're not, cilantro is amazing on food like this.)
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, to taste (I like a lot.)
- Salsa (or, in my case, leftover corn salad)
- Lay out your matzos on a plate. You may want to salt them a little. It's up to you. I didn't.
- Add everything on top, except potentially the Salsa (that one's your call and really depends on whether you prefer warm salsa or not).
- Microwave it for about 5 minutes, stopping to stir. This gets pretty thick, so the stirring is important to get everything heated.
|Before the cheese layer is added. Doesn't it look lovely, even like that?|
From the first bite of this, I knew it was heaven. The Matzos do get a little soggy, and really can't replace tortilla chips, but, hey - what can you do? They do, however present an interesting base flavor that makes it all taste somewhat like a casserole. I like it a lot, but don't expect a fully nacho feel. :)
As always, please leave your feedback!