Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SPRING!

Oh my good word, I love spring.  I mean, don't get me wrong, like every good, American-bred teacher, Summer is my favorite season, but since Korea only gets a two-week vacation then (at best) Spring brings with it a certain amount of relief that Summer just doesn't anymore.

With Spring comes warmth.  I feel my perpetual tension headache brought on by the cold of Winter start to relax.  (I can't help tensing up when it's cold.  I know it's horrible for me, but it's a reflex.)

With Spring comes sunlight. A couple years ago, I finally understood why people literally would go out and worship the sun.  That thing is awesome.  Life is so much happier when I can get my Vitamin D from the sunlight and not from pills.  I also greatly prefer being woken up by the sun in the morning than by an alarm.  Yes, I know it makes it harder to sleep in, but I'd rather give that up than have to use an alarm.

With Spring comes dandelions!  They're so much fun!  I get a bunch of wishes!  AND they mean I don't have to buy hay for the rabbit.

With Spring comes a strange desire in me to clean.  Seriously, I am the queen of Spring cleaning.  This past weekend, I rearranged my entire apartment, all the way to moving the rabbit into the bathroom and reassigning various pieces of my furniture to create a desk for myself.  I'm exhausted (Really.  My eyes ache from being open), but it's excellent. Bill and Ted would approve.

With Spring comes my BIRTHDAY!  Birthdays are also excellent... especially mine... which is in Spring... which I love.  What's not to like here?

I could keep going, but I think I've made my point.  Basically, Spring is awesome, and it makes me happy.  Yay!

1 comment: