Monday, June 27, 2011

So much has happened!

In the past 48 hours, so much has happened Korea-wise. Let me get you up to date.

Yesterday (Saturday), I went to Yeshuat Yisrael, as usual (well, not totally usual, as the boyfriend decided he wanted to come too). I was a bit anxious the whole time, as I've been the past week, struggling with trying out how to figure out how to pay for everything. At the end of the service, they called me up to the front, so I could explain a little more about everything that I need to do financially to prepare for the list, and explain my wish list a little bit more. So I explained how my luggage is literally falling apart and how toiletries are rather different in Korea, so I was trying to bring a year's worth with me. They let me explain everything, and then Rabbi Ken dropped one of the biggest bombshells on me that I have ever experienced. He looked at me and said, "We've decided that we want to buy some luggage for you, so pick out what you would like. Also, we are committing to send you a care package of toiletries every month while you're there, so you don't need to worry about that anymore." (Later, one of the women, who is a seasoned international traveler, told me she wanted to give me her very nice carry-on luggage too.)

I almost burst into tears right then.

I really cannot explain how amazing this has been for me. G-d is blowing my mind with how He is taking care of me. I would not be able to do any of this on my own. It is totally and completely Him and me sitting within His will. My cup overflows.


Today, I got an email from Jenny, who is my contact at Korean Nazarene University (KNU) in South Korea (she was involved somehow in my hiring). From the sounds of things, they have a backup plan in place in case I and one of my co-workers do not get our VISAs in time. (No, not like the movie.) I have no clue what it is, but I've sent an email asking about it. So, hopefully, I'll know all about that soon.

I do have a backup plan of my own as well. I am planning to go home to my parents' house before I leave, and, since they live so close to Washington D.C., I could go into the city and wait around all day to get my VISA and hop on a plane the next day and leave if I had to. It's all going to work out, and I know that it will happen according to G-d's timing.



Please continue to pray. I am already seeing and feeling the affects of your prayers, and I am so grateful for it! Time is closing in, so the more prayers I have the better.

I love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. GOD IS AWESOME! That is wonderful how He provided and that your congregation could be such a blessing to you. I am so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne! great seeing you yesterday and I LOVE the how you burst into tears when Yeshuat offered to buy your luggage. I know the feeling! We have a wonderful and fabulous congregation for shizzy with loving leaders! PRAISE YESHUA!

    I look fwd to keeping in touch and have subscribed to your blog sweetie.
    michelle gold
    www.michellegold.com
    facebook.com/michellegoldonline

    subscribe to my updates and occassional free music at my website, michellegold.com by clicking on "JOin my shalom revolution"

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete