Saturday, August 20, 2011

Soon and very soon

Exactly four days from now, I will be located roughly seven miles above the Pacific Ocean.

Four days.

(Don't let the plane fool you... I'm flying Singapore Air.)

Guys, I'm not going to lie to you... I'm really excited, yes, but that's starting to be overtaken by days of dry-mouth and nights of cold sweats. My Korean learning has not come along as well as I would have liked, and every time I turn around someone is telling me how I'm going to hate the weather or how the food will make me sick. I'm so scared, but I know this is where G-d wants me... so I have a request:

For the next four days, will you, please:

1) Pray for me? I need it more than anything. Pray that G-d will loosen my tongue, soften my brain, and open my ears to the Korean language. Pray that G-d will open my heart to the Korean people. Pray that G-d will give me a courage beyond my own to step out of my parents' car on Tuesday morning and get on the plane.

2) Pray for my family and friends? These people mean so much to me, and right now I can tell that I'm hurting some of them by leaving. Please pray that G-d will show them what He has shown me - that this is where He wants me right now, and that He is going to take care of me, as He always has.

3) Tell me how excited I should be? Share the stories of the things you LOVE about traveling and things I can look forward to about Korea. I need to be reminded of that now. I know that there are a lot of things to be uncomfortable about, but I don't need to think about those things anymore. I've already made this commitment to G-d and my employers, so will you please help me make the absolute best of it?

4) Pray for me again? I'm going to need all the prayers I can get as I jump into this, so that I can keep G-d at the center of my life and His goals ahead of my own. I want to do this right, and that means doing it G-d's way.

Thank you all so much for your love and support. It means a lot to me to know that as soon as I hit the "publish" button at the bottom of the page, some of you will start on this list.

I love you bunches and bunches.

P.S. If you click on the title of this post, you will be linked to several intercessory prayers. If you're not sure how exactly to pray for me (or anyone else), please try these out, even the one for "healing." My body may not need healing right now, but my emotions do. Reading through these and thinking someone may pray these words for me is starting to make me cry tears of relief.

Really, I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment