Thursday, September 22, 2011

In case you have extra money laying around...

This is not my usual charity, Compassion International, but it is one that is still reputable and making amazing strides around the world.

Kiva (more info here) makes micro loans to people to get them started/to the next level/over that hump, etc.  I don't know the full approval process, but I do know that there are hundreds and hundreds of approved loans that you can look through and give to.  It has over a 98% payback rate.  You don't actually end up with your money back... you can put it toward another loan or donate to Kiva for a tax deduction, but hey, it's $25 (minimum) - are you REALLY going to miss that?  I thought not.

Seriously, check it out.  I think you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment