Monday, September 26, 2011

Random thoughts of no specific connection point whatsoever

Isn't it funny how you can think you're being perfectly clear, but no one actually understands you?  You and pantomime, speak slowly, enunciate, try different languages, but, sometimes, you're just not going to be understood.  Life is a strange creature, my friends.  I think I'm going to see if I can dig up some notes from Freshman year for my Interpersonal Communication class (don't expect me to actually know the material, it was an 8am class), because I'm slaughtering some rule somewhere, I just haven't found it yet.

Somewhere in my building today, children were learning "Yellow Submarine,"and, just in case you've managed to avoid hearing that song all these years, I've linked it for you.  I find it interesting that while teachers in America are busily blocking all websites that lead to that song and finding a deity to pray to that their students will not learn that song, the teachers here in Korea readily teach it.  Of course, this same phenomenon also let me get away with using "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" (the Daft Punk version of course) as a teaching tool today, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Here, watch this video of my fourth graders playing Zoo.  It's guaranteed to make you smile (because it's one minute, ten seconds of kids having unadulterated fun).
 

Oh, and shout out to whoever is reading my blog in Russia and also in Colombia.  I don't know who you are, but I'm excited to have had you check this out.  (Unless you're my friends just using Hotspot shield.  I mean, that's cool too, but not nearly as exciting.)

[Insert several unspoken prayer requests here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment