Thursday, July 7, 2011

This is that "Come to G-d Moment" that my friends like to talk about.

Okay, so a month or so ago, as some of you may or may not know, my friend Jason was riding his bike and got hit by a car. It was looking really bad for a few days, but through an insane amount of prayer, Jason is steadily recovering. His family started a blog to keep everyone up to date with his progress. Anyway, his latest entry, entitled 2 and 1/2, has really gotten me thinking about life. I'm going to copy it in for you:

2 and 1/2
hey guys this is jason :) To begin i want to thank everyone so much for what they have done for me as i have been healing. Setting me up with awesome dinners, making sure i know that someones there for me. I keep hearing that my parents don't know who caused the accident, but they want to find out. But to be honest i'm not worried about that, I am just happy and thanking god that i have no broken bones, and that i'm alive. This whole month has felt like more time then it seems but to me i haven't really been worrying about it all. This is the time for me to be happy and i'm almost there but in all this thats going on there has been some mesh of emotions some where along the line. It was a feeling i ran into to many times before the accident to be honest this has been beneficial to me. This accident has given me much more appreciation for the little things that happen every day. It has also helped me to realize the importance of life as it is. As before my accident i remember going to school and seeing some people just flipping out for the worst of reasons . "oh im so fat!!," or seeing some kid so desperate for attention that he jumps on a girls back and makes her give him a piggy back ride. I mean seriously she's a girl ok and about to grow into a woman treat her like one you jerk. or "People just dont get me." Really!! I wasn't worrying about that before. Yea i liked a girl and she sort of ignored me whenever i told her but i had school to focus on. I had to take a college math course three times just to pass it!! thank god i did though!! :) As what im trying to say is that people make everything more dramatic then it really is. This accident was dramatic it gave a big scar on my forehead and caused me to be in a 4 day coma which had everyone who knew on edge. But i awoke and every person who knew the news must have been happy to see me open my eyes. To me having people there for me has been a huge part of this whole process. I mean i'm 19 yea i am young but though i'm young this accident has made me feel different then before. I feel like having this brain injury has made me want to be able to relax and not have to make things a bigger deal than they really are. As i have also learned that who ever truely knew about this accident really knew that i needed them more than ever and for all those people i say thank you and god bless.


He's gotten me thinking about myself, and how I've been blowing things way out of proportion with this VISA thing. It will be what G-d wants it to be, and it will be perfect because of that. As for me, I need to wait on the Lord, and renew my strength. It's all going to be okay. As my inspirational figure, Dory says, "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim..." Yes, I think I could use a bit more of Dory's reckless faith, and a lot less of Marlin's strict faith in only himself. (And this isn't only in reference to Korea; I'm seeing this need in all areas of my life.)

L-rd, G-d, teach me to trust. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment