Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crazy Love: Brother















"Dare to imagine what it would mean for you to take the words of Jesus seriously.  Dare to think about your own children living in poverty, without enough to eat.  Dare to believe that those really are your brothers and sisters in need."
                                      From Francis Chan's Crazy Love 




























"Sell your possessions and give to the poor."  -Luke 12:33






































"Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother." -Mark 3:35





























If I truly thought of these people as my brother, my precious brother, my mind would be made up before I even knew the extent of the situation.  I wouldn't look at my bank balance.  I wouldn't check the calendar against my next payday.  

I would empty my entire bank account and sell everything I owned to get him what he needed.

Without thinking.

Without debating.

Without hesitation.






















"But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, 'And who is my neighbor?'..." -Luke 10:29





















No comments:

Post a Comment