Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I'm getting the itch.

I'm getting the itch, and I get it about this time in every season of my life.  I just got comfortable with my second year in Korea.  I've got habits and patterns, and I'm feeling like I can handle pretty much whatever Korea throws at me (Note: That doesn't mean that I'd handle gracefully or well, that just means that I could handle it).  Therefore, my mind steadily wanders on to new adventures.  This always happens.  Two years and feeling confident about a place, and I want more, something new - The adventure of making new friends, maybe learning a new language, new challenges, and, most definitely, I'd like some new weather.

It doesn't really make sense why that would happen in my second year at a place.  The itch dulls over time, but it's always so strong in that second year in a place, when I'm putting the finishing touches on my newly improved comfort zone.  I've heard many sermons about how G-d calls us out of our comfort zones, and maybe that's what this is; maybe that's just really true.  But, I'm tempted to think that my comfort zone is starting to become leaving my comfort zone.  Is that possible?  I know it's a little paradoxical if read literally, so I ask you to read it with my intention in mind.

All this to say, I'm inching toward the moment when I'll have to make a decision about extending my contract in Korea.  It's certainly not here, but I can see pros and cons in each column.  I think, again think, I know the correct answer (that is, what G-d is leading me toward), but I'm not positive, and I could use some prayers on the subject.  At this point, advice is only going to confuse me, so, while I greatly appreciate your hearts and intentions, I ask you to redirect those simply to prayer.

There are so many options out there, and I'm incredibly excited to see where G-d leads me next (or has me stay, as the case may be).  Wherever it is, know that I love you all, I'm thinking of you all, and I'd always love to hear from you, email, comment, or snail mail!


Anne Nicole Royster 
SPECIAL DISTRICT OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION 
Korea Nazarene University (Attn. Jenny Kim) 
#115 Faith Hall (Miteumgwan) 
456 Ssangyong-Dong Seobukgu Cheonan City Choongnam 
331 718 South Korea 

No comments:

Post a Comment