Monday, July 23, 2012

I don't like making choices.

I'm bad at it.  Take me to a buffet, and I'm much more likely to eat less than I normally would than gorge myself.  There are too many choices, and they make everything look mediocre rather than fabulous.  The same things goes with big menus.  Maybe it's just because I'm used to only being able to eat one thing on any given menu (thank you IBS, Hypoglycemia, and SID), or maybe it's just because I don't like making choices.

My choices generally affect other people, you see, and I'm generally more inclined to choose what will make other people happiest than what would make myself happy, which, in the end, ultimately means that I'll be unhappy either way.

To be honest, I don't actually know what I want anyway.  I try this exercise, where I take out all the other people, and I ask what I would do if I was the only person it affected.  I still can't answer most of the time.  It's kind of depressing.

All this is to say, in the next 24 hours, I need to make a final call on a decision that's going to affect a lot of people, and I would greatly appreciate some prayers.  I think I know the right choice (I think), but figuring out the correct delivery is going to be a challenge.

I thank G-d for His goodness, though.  In all things, thank G-d for His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment