Monday, June 4, 2012

Messy

Life gets messy sometimes.  It's taken me a very long time, but I'm slowly learning that in this world, there is rarely anything that falls in the realm of black and white.  That makes things messy.  In spite of that, I'm starting to see it as a beautiful kind of messy, like the messy that is a kid covered in finger paint.  He's so happy - actually thrilled to be allowed to make that mess.  What happened?  There was a point when we all laid back and enjoyed the mess.

Day 04. Messy
My windowsill


Someone does things differently than you?  That's confusing, but I'm also curious.  Tell me why you do those things.

Someone's mad at you?  That's really sad, but I know how to make it better.  I'm going to go hang out with Daddy for a while.

You got hurt?  That's not fun, but I'm not going to die.  A couple kisses and a glass of water can refocus me.

Someone looks different than you?  That's cool!  Tell me more; how'd that happen?

Someone believes differently than you?  I don't understand that, but that's no reason to fight.  Let me tell you what I believe.



I'm not going to lie, I was a kid who saw things very black and white, so some of these are examples that I saw in my cousins, but I think, overall, this is the mindset of kids.  Let's try to reclaim it, shall we?


"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'"  -Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment