Friday, June 8, 2012

Round 2

It was round 2 with the wart at the doctor's today.  I must say, this round was much less exciting.  Whether it was a fluke thing, or because the doctors reapplies the numbing cream after there was a ton of blood everywhere, after the first few hits with the lazer, I felt pretty much everything.  Actually, it didn't even take that long on my left hand (they decided to go ahead and hit the baby wart again).  I tried my best to not flinch or make noise, because I didn't want them to stop, but eventually it got so bad that I thought I was going to vomit, and I broke poker face.  They stopped.  I'm going to have to go back for round 3 next week.

I'm turning into a Korean with my doctoring habits.  Oh well, I supposed this is how they get their money on universal healthcare, but, honestly, I'm still going to end up lower than a lot of people would pay in a co-pay for one visit in the States, and they, too, would have to go back month after month to get the procedure redone.  At least this is only week after week.

The rabbit eagerly was licking water off the floor today, and gratefully was licking some ice cubes, so I think I have a new plan of attack for getting her back to normal.  She's starting to do all of her normal bunny things again, too (Note that this is censored for decent society, and read between the lines).  It's such a big relief.


This is unrelated to this post, except for being the Blimey Cow photo-a-day 08. #summerofblimeycow
(Which is a Twitter reference that I'm pretty much ignoring.)
This may be the only cow-related thing that I own.  It's a patch on a quilt that my mother HAND-SEWED for me, back when I graduated from high school.  We'll go ahead and say that the cars above the cows represent summer road-trips.


Finally, the exciting news, is that grades 3-6 are now all level-split for their English classes.  Third and fourth grades are split by simply separating out the low-level students, while I teach everyone else.  Fifth grade will soon be taught by separating the low-level students and allowing the high-level students to do some personalized guided-reading activities, while I teach the on-level students.  Sixth grade is following a similar model, but on a less regular basis.  I'm very excited about sixth grade, because, unlike the fifth grade (where each student is going to be given a book based on personal ability), the advanced sixth graders will all be reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.  It will be so good for them, because, on the surface-level, it's an easy read, but it will be easy for me to slip in ideas about religion to get them thinking, asking questions, and so forth.  I'm currently opening channels of communication with HarperCollins Publishing about maybe getting some really cheap or maybe permission to photocopy my version?  If not, I'm going to be calling on you, friends, to hit your used bookstores and buy them out, so I can bring them back in August.  So, let's all cross our fingers, shall we?   (Because I'd really prefer to be bringing back new clothes and/or my own books, rather than books for my students.)

No comments:

Post a Comment