Monday, June 11, 2012

The things I didn't tell you yesterday

I'm going to work my way backward, because that's the order that seems important to me.  Yesterday, I went to see Men in Black III.  Now, this is important to me, because I really like Will Smith, and THIS is why.  Yes, he's a good actor.  Yes, he's a good rapper.  But, holy cow, he's a fabulous role model.  I'm so glad that he has influenced my life.  So, I chose to take Lucy and her sister to go see this movie with me.  I'll forgive them for mistaking him for being his son (they starting trying to tell me he was in the Karate Kid), it's an easy mistake, I'm sure, when dealing with a language barrier.  

The three of us, waiting for the movie to start.
We got tickets for the premium theater, which comes with couches instead of seats
and your choice of coffee or iced tea.  I got some peach iced tea.  Yum yum!
I got the opportunity to talk to them about their middle school lives.  They both are loving it, but they're studying so hard.  Lucy's sister will take her high school entrance exams at the end of this year, so she's already got her nose to the grindstone, "Which is fine," I told them, "but only if you remember that if you work hard, you must play hard, too."  They nodded, and said, "Yes, Teacher."  I really hope that they were listening.  Lucy's going to swing by the school on Wednesday, so I hope to remind her of it then.

I got to the mall a bit earlier than I needed to be there to meet them, so I took some time, wandering around H&M, and do you know what I found?  YES.  I found shoes that FIT ME.  I don't know if they run the sizes big in that store, or if it just happened to be the style, or maybe my feet have lost weight, but I fit into a European 40 (US 9) size shoe, when I normall wear in the 44 region (10).  I'm so excited, because they're insanely cute.  Just putting them on and walking around made me feel so much more womanly.  I didn't realize how much I'd missed my heels.
Also, the bunny is eating and drinking on her own again.  It's not the way I'd like it to be, but at least it's happening some.



 Lastly, some Blimey Cow photo-a-day challenge update:
Day 10: Mom.  I thought that was stupid, because it was Father's Day, so I took a picture of me calling him.

Day 11: Messy (as in Mondays).
Somehow today, my flipflop's partner got lost in the 5 minutes it took to leave them alone at home.  I'm not sure how to deal with it.  I think the bunny may have used some of her telepathy powers as revenge for me force-feeding her?

No comments:

Post a Comment