Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wicked

I had never before seen Wicked.  Until yesterday, that is.  All I knew was that I really didn't like The Wizard of Oz, so I hadn't been in the biggest of rushes to see it.  If I had known how wonderful it was, I would have corrected this situation such a long time ago.  I hear the book is even better, so I'll have to invest some time into that, too.

Let me put it this way, this play actually made me start to like Glinda.  Trust me, that's saying a lot.  I mean, honestly, who chases tornados, congratulating people for killing others, gives away the shoes of said dead person, instructs the killer to go kill the original victim's sister to complete the destruction of the family, and promises an opportunity to go home in exchange, when, all the while, the ability to go home was already with the killer.  She's pretty much a b-word.  But, like I said, this play helped my opinion of her, which amuses me, since, apparently it makes most people like her less.  Go figure.

Our whole group

To top the night off, we went to one of Taylor's favorite restaurant, an Austrian place called Chef Meili's, located in Itaewon.  Let me tell you, the place was phenomenal.  As Nick and I conceded, it was definitely pricey, but worth every single penny.  We just have to make sure we don't go too often, for the sake of our wallets, of course, but also for the sake of my sanity - it made me miss Germany so much!  But yes, it was definitely good.  The salmon melted in my mouth, the samplings of my friend's foods were divine (yes, this place got me eating bites of meat and risking pain).  The desserts were fabulous.  It's a must-visit if you're ever in Seoul.

But the excellence of the weekend didn't end there.  Today, as I was walking home from church, I ran into Cameron and Lisa, who invited me to their picnic with Thomas and Bethany.  I didn't expect to hang out with them again so soon, but it was certainly an excellent choice.  The picnic was full of excellent food, including this great pasta salad Lisa made, and great conversations.  Lisa's story of her faith blew my mind and has kept me replaying it in my head all afternoon.  G-d certainly has plans for this woman.

I think this was very possibly my favorite weekend since coming to Korea.  :)


Two days left on the giveaway.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment