In about nine hours from now (10:00pm in Korea), Venus is going to transit the sun.
|No, this is not the Sun, impersonating Marilyn Monroe.|
"What," you may ask, "the heck does that even mean?" Well, I'm glad you asked.
It means that you've got the Earth, and you've got the Sun, and Venus is going to get all up between them like a scared kid who hides from his nightmares in his parent's bed, and it's going to stay there for about six hours, so you've got some time. Here's what you need to do:
|Sid, burning a hole in Woody's head.|
Please don't do this to your eyes.
- You NEED to see this. Seriously. You're going to be dead the next time this happens.
- You need to not look directly at the Sun. Basically, it's a fate worse than death. You're going to burn your eyes out.
- You need to not look at the Sun through something with glass on it. Remember Toy Story? Yeah, you don't want to become your own Sid.
- You need to make like a third grader and make a "Pin-Hole Projector" instead. Suck up your pride and do it already.
- You need to visit NASA's observation page, so you can see what it actually looks like, too. It's also good for those of you who are too cool for the Projectors.
Seriously, folks. Just go do it. You're not going to get this chance again.