Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!!

4th of July is definitely one of my favorites, and, while no one is ever going to accuse me of being too patriotic, I am grateful for the opportunities I have gained by being a daughter of America.  Beyond that, I am incredibly thankful to the men and women who laid down their lives to give me those opportunities.

All of that being said, I was pretty bummed this morning, thinking about how I wasn't really going to be doing anything to celebrate.  But, one thing led to another, and, in an uncharacteristically split second decision, I ended up making last minute plans.  The thought of that is still making me uncomfortable, but I had a great time.  I'm tired, and I will definitely be tomorrow, but, luckily, the kids are testing, so I'm not teaching classes tomorrow.  Yay!  (More time to plan a killer English Camp!)

I ended up going with a group of friends to a nearby American military base.  We ate Mexican food (not patriotic, but DELICIOUS!), did some shopping, and watched some fireworks (we didn't have a clear view, but I can't really remember the last time I did, so that was still great for me!).  It was definitely a good celebration.

Here are some photos for you viewing pleasure.

Lots of random friends meeting up at the base.

The patriotic girls

These girls were incredibly excited by the show and getting better pictures on their phones than the rest of us were with our nice cameras.

I did manage to get one or two decent shots, though!

:)  Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment