Monday, March 12, 2012

Lent: Dear World,

***Don't forget to sign the petition (and this one too!) to save refugees from North Korea!***

Blessing #19 - An ever shrinking world
Today was the first day that I reached every continent on the planet... assuming you don't count Antartica, and, as penguins aren't generally known to read, I don't.
Dear World,
Hello.
I don't know if you remember me or not, but I'm the little girl who promised to give you everything.  I'm just all grown up now.

Dear World,
I sometimes think that you'd rather I fell through the cracks or invested in a good roll of duct tape for my mouth.  Maybe I need to practice those things a little more, but I only speak out because I care.

Dear World,
In the time it took to bring about anyone on this earth who had given any thought to me (sans G-d, of course), you had pretty much managed to destroy yourself.  Maybe we should both work on some duct tape?

Dear World,
Yes, I did just drop the G-word, but the fact is, I think I'm leading a much more effective life when I'm pursing something higher than myself rather than something I can fit in my jeans' pocket.

Dear World,
I miss you, even when I'm out within you; I miss you so much.  Wherever I am, I'm thinking of the other places I'd like to also be.  Each country is magnificent.  I hope to be able to breathe in each one of those national treasures of wealth, knowledge, and tradition.

Dear World,
Each country is magnificent, but how much more magnificent would we be if we started working together for a change?

Dear World,
I'm only saying this because I love you.  I will continue to speak out, trying to form you into the best you can be.  If that angers you, then so be it.  I only hope that some of what I'm saying will sink in.  Really, I do love you.  Certainly I love you as a whole, but I am working to love each and every one of your inhabitants as well.

Dear World,
Never stop fighting for justice.  Never let mandates go unsearched.  Never turn a blind eye to your brothers and sisters.

All my love,
Anne Nicole Royster

No comments:

Post a Comment