Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lent: Filled with Hope

***Don't forget to sign the petition (and this one too!) to save refugees from North Korea!***

Blessing #15 - Being known
I logged into my Facebook account just now to find this waiting for me:


My friend Alex had just gotten on her Facebook to find it blown up with talk about Kony 2012, and, of everyone I've talked to, she's the only one who seems to remember my rants, my tears, my passionate outcries against Joseph Kony.  And so she sent me this note and video of a clip shown on ABC news.

It's just like Alex to know and remember.  It's part of what makes her so special to me.  Not only did she care enough about me to listen to something that was bothering me at the time, she committed it to memory and now is making efforts to share in my joy that all the work that we've put in up to this point is finally coming to fruition.  And she's right - I am filled with hope.  I can hardly stay in one place right now, I'm so anxious to see this end.  I'm like a child waiting for Christmas, except I'm waiting for the freedom of my brothers and sisters who have been taken by the LRA.

Soon.  So very soon.


Have you ever realized that someone knows you?  What was that like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment