Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lent: Munchkins

***Don't forget to sign the petition to save refugees from North Korea!***

Blessing #32 - People who fight for the same goal
I've had the pleasure of working with my fifth graders on understanding the U.N., why it started, and what it aims to do.  I haven't gone into the details and such, but we've talked about the basic concept - very basic, as their lesson is simply, "Hello, I'm __________.  I'm from ________________.  This is ________.  (S)He is from ___________."

Nonetheless, it's made me remember how grateful I am for the thinkers and movers behind the U.N., who believe that we don't have to be slaves to our country borders and are radical enough to think that we can act out of non-selfish motives.  That's a number among which I wouldn't mind being counted.

That being said, here's the final product of the 5th graders' model U.N. project.  I hope you enjoy!










Who are you, where are you from, and for what do you fight?

No comments:

Post a Comment