Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lent: Tired

***Don't forget to sign the petition to save refugees from North Korea!***

Blessing #30 - Homer's Odyssey xx. 17-18
It's been one of those days when I just want to throw in the towel.  I try not to write about them, because, hey, let's be honest, no one wants to read about them.  But here we are.  I'm exhausted.  I can only breathe out of one nostril (which is probably contributing to my exhaustion).  I have a splitting headache.  My esophagus is so weak from coughing all the time that I choke (literally choke) if the air is too damp... and it rained non-stop yesterday.  I'm incredibly lonely, and I'm feeling unwanted here.  That's what kind of day today has been.

But that's not the ending to the story, and I know it.  Today is not the low part of my life, and I know it. 

You see, I have a measuring rod - the worst part of my life, the part that I look back on and say, "I honestly don't know how I made it through that."  Because that happened, I can look at today and say, "That's  not that bad."  I am incredibly thankful for that measuring rod.  I can't begin to explain how much.  G-d knows my heart, and He knows what I need.  I think, right now, He and I can agree that I need massive amounts of sleep.  As for feeling unwanted, that doesn't really matter.  I'm hear because this is where G-d wants me to be, and I dare say that my feeling unwanted is proof of that.  If it was easy, it would mean that Satan wasn't working against me, which would indicate that I wasn't that much of a threat.

So I won't give up.

Besides, monks spend plenty of time in seclusion, and I like them a lot.  I hear they get a lot of good from it.  I'm going to invest some quality time into my bed now, and perhaps tranquilize my rabbit so she will cut out her racket.  

Love you all.
Anne

Today's question isn't philosophical or theological: What's your best home remedy, especially for congestion?... aside from Neti Pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment