Friday, October 12, 2012

추석 Traveling: Recess

Part of my Bulgarian adventure was entertaining some kids during recess so their teachers could get a meeting in.  This was a lot of fun, although I don't think it would have been, had I not been teaching for a year already in Korea.  I especially enjoyed the name that every child in the place called me, quite excitedly, I might add:  Anna Banana.  See, Anne is a rather unusual name for them, so they had started to side with Annie, but I nipped that in the bud and switch them over to Anna.  Anna Banana just naturally had to follow.  Of course.  

In Korea, I am 앤, sometimes 앤나.  In Bulgaria, I am Анна Банана.  I'm beginning to think my high school Spanish teacher was mistaken when she said that you keep your name wherever you go in the world.

Since I realize how long my post was yesterday, I'm going to shut up now and let these pictures do the rest of my speaking for me.  They're really quite good, if I do say so myself, so, please take your time on them!














No comments:

Post a Comment