Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pumpkin Soup

Fall is here!

In celebration, I made pumpkin soup and lemon cream pasta.  Of course, since I made pumpkin soup, I had to bake pumpkin seeds as well (they were too spicy this time - bummer).  Furthermore, I'd like to share my pumpkin soup recipe (mostly) with you.  Now, I'm not sharing all of my secret tips, or else people won't think mine's the best anymore, but it'll still be good. :)

First cut a small pumpkin into slices.  Remove the rinds.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spice to taste.  Personally, I like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.  Others would recommend pepper as well.  I don't like pepper, so I'm not.  Bake the pumpkin at 350 F for 20 minutes or so until it's very soft.

While that's baking, boil some water.  Cut up your favorite vegetables and throw them in the pot along with your favorite spices (sweetish or non).  Boil it all until it's very soft.

When everything is done cooking, slowly add the pumpkin slices and vegetable broth (you just made that) to a food processor.  Puree it until it is all smooth.  You may have to siphon off some of the soup into a bowl after a while if your food processor is smaller.

Voila!  You have wonderful pumpkin soup (my favorite Fall food).  Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment