Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Names you should know: Alexandria Alspach

My friend Alex is pretty amazing.  There are two of them actually, and they're both pretty amazing, to tell you the truth, but this time, I'm talking about the girl Alex, not the boy (but if you want to know more about why he's so amazing, you can click here.)

Anyway, Alex the girl has always had a heart for missions.  In fact, I met her because of my first trip to Germany, which we made together, although the only thing I can really remember of her from that is noticing that we used the same type of makeup.  Luckily, a much better friendship has bloomed since then.

The Germany crew in the Frankfurt airport
Left to right, Back: Me, Jonathan, Michael, Emily, Caleb
Front: Francis, Jenny, Carrie, Alex, Buffy

Since then, Alex has worked her fingers to the bone and given up countless hours of sleep to complete college and graduate with a B.S. in Special Education, and now is packing up her life and moving to Bulgaria in order to work in an orphanage focused on children with special needs.

Like I said, this girl is amazing.

Anyway, I'd like to encourage you to check out her blog and her donation page.  She's going to need a pretty decent amount of money to get started over there, so let's help her out.  I mean, really, how can you turn down this face: 


Check her out.  Subscribe to her blog.  Send her some love.

Love you all!

Click here to see some more names you should know!

No comments:

Post a Comment