Saturday, May 26, 2012

Couplecakes

For those of you who don't look at my Facebook, I've made some delicious, totally cute desserts for an auction at the International Church tomorrow.  I've dubbed them "Couplecakes."

These things are so cute that I can't stand it!  Plus, they taste really delicious.  I'm glad that I saved a few for myself.

Recipe-wise, I'm not good at creating my own baking recipes, but I did modify THIS ONE.

Couplecakes
Instead of the pineapple, I put in about 3/4 cup of shredded cucumber, some chocolates chunks, and 2 packets of apple cider mix.  And, those of you who know me, can rightfully expect me to double the amount of spices called for.  I like those spices.  They are delicious.

For the frosting, I followed this recipe... sort of.  I hard core fudged the measurements, based on what I had lying around.  I also substituted in some butter, which I wish I hadn't done, but I ran out of cream cheese, and something had to happen.  Suggestion: don't run out of creme cheese.

Couplecakes and their babycake

I looked around online to find Bible verses about love to pair with each set.  I had some ideas in my head of what I wanted to use, but I'm horrible at numbers, and, therefore, references.  Luckily, the internet excels at both of those things.

I'm not expecting these to bring in a lot of money, since there's only 2 or 3 cupcakes, but that's still more than the church had before, right?  So, if you like what you see, make sure you're at the International Church tomorrow to bid!

No comments:

Post a Comment