Friday, May 18, 2012

Project: 물 주세요

The other day, I ran out of Coke.  I know... I can hear Jaimi gasping all the way over here, but it happened.  I decided that that marked the perfect time to go ahead and start something that my friend JoshTaylor of Blimey Cow has been trying to get me to do for a while: cut out the processed sugar in my drinks.  (Not to mention, my health has been so flukey lately that I could really use the immune-boost.)  Now, I'm not sure that I'm intending on going as ninja as he does on his diet, but I did set up some rules for myself:
  1. I won't buy pop (or sugar-high juices) except for special occasions.
  2. I won't drink pop (or sugar-high juices) unless directly offered ("no" isn't a culturally-acceptable word).
  3. At home, I will drink water, homemade juices, milk, or almond milk.
  4. If given the option, "What would you like to drink?" my answer will be "물 주세요" (Water, please!"
I've technically been doing this for several days now, but today was the first time I had to be conscious about it.  I'm telling you, there's nothing like a Coke when you're hot, tired, and thirsty, but I held out.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

What health thing are you working on right now?  Let's go in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment