Sunday, May 13, 2012

Names you should know: John Schanck

Recently, my cousin John started getting some jobs in his ideal field, acting, and I couldn't be more thrilled for him.  I know I haven't even figured out my ideal field, let alone gotten a job in it (as far as I know... since I don't know what it is, maybe I have!), so for him to be doing this is a pretty big deal, I think.  I'm so stinking proud of my cousin that it hurts.

Well, back in January, he got a role in a short, student film, went on location, and got it all shot.  Today, I got to watch the whole thing, and I must say, I was pretty impressed.  Normally, I can smell this kind of ending from a mile away (Sorry, if you know my movie-predicting habits, I may have just ruined this for you.), but I did not seeing this ending coming.

So, here's what I would suggest:  Take a moment to watch the trailer, then make some popcorn, grab your friends, and enjoy.  

(Just so you know, this movie would be rated PG-13 for language, given this reason as found on the CARA website: "A motion picture’s single use of one of the harsher sexually-derived words, though only as an expletive, initially requires at least a PG-13 rating.  More than one such expletive requires an R rating, as must even one of those words used in a sexual context.")

Now, without any further ado, I am absolutely ecstatic to present:

The Whispers in the Walls

Directed by Isaac Ruth

Starring John Schanck and Nicole Cinaglia




Click here to see some more names you should know!


This movie has been posted with permission from the director.

No comments:

Post a Comment