Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bright, blaring red tape

Well, after a couple phone calls (and by "a couple" I mean eleven), I finally got through to the Bangladeshi Embassy in Seoul.

Verdict?

Because I'm not Korean, I must appear in person at the Embassy to get my VISA.

*Sigh*  I'm beginning to understand the frustrations of minorities in the States.  (And I do mean beginning.  Under no circumstances do I claim to fully understand what we put those people through.)

I think I need to start carrying a picture of Moumita in front of my face, so I can remember why it is that I want to go.

She's precious, isn't she?  She just turned 8.
In fact, just looking at this picture (it's a new one, by the way; I hadn't seen it yet!) as I'm loading it onto my blog for you to see is calming my spirit.  This is just the first of my struggles with this trip.  As I understand it, the Bangladeshi people are even less amenable to vegetarians than Koreans are.  Soooooo, we're going to have fun on this trip.

MoumitaMoumitaMoumita... I can't wait to meet her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment