Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This blog is quickly turning into my notes on G-d.

But I see nothing wrong with that, especially since there's nothing going on in Korea that you'd really want to hear about at the moment.  There are some big plans coming up, but nothing right now!

The following was emailed to me, along with my weekly candle-lighting reminder:

The Hebrew month of Kislev is a great time to celebrate the light you have to give. This month hosts the shortest days of the year, and therefore the darkest. But we also have the upcoming holiday of Chanukah—a festival that says "Light will conquer." How will you light your inner flame this month? You have a unique goodness that is worth celebrating...and there has never been a better time!

Interesting thought, isn't it?  Right now, I'm getting up and out the door before the sun is awake, and I'm getting back home after it's asleep.  My vitamin D is lacking, and I'm feeling it.  These few sentences couldn't be more fitting.


But Light will conquer.
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, 
but will have the light of life.” - John 8:12

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment