Sunday, November 4, 2012

MOTh: Day 2


3 Gifts Worn
So, my cousin Becky decided to do this challenge, and I've already seen her answers for today, which is making it harder to think of my own things I'm thankful for and not just steal her answers.  However, I'm tired enough that my brain isn't really working, as this is the second night in a row that I've stayed up until 2am.  But that just goes to show that I'm still keeping up with my old goal of going out with friends.
That being said, I'm choosing to interpret this as the other definition of "worn" from Becky.
  1. I'm thankful for my Bible I got from my Uncle Glenn and Aunt Carol.  I think I got it for my twelfth birthday, and that thing has traveled.  The cover fell off, so I duct taped it back on.  Psalms fell out, so I duct taped them back in.  The former worked so much better than the latter.  Galatians and Ephesians has more of my writing than Paul's in them.  I smile when I look at that Book.  I don't use it as much anymore, but it's a record of my growth as a Believer, and I love that.
  2. I'm thankful for my "Mousie" from my Uncle Lance and Auntie M.  When I was little I'd rub the tag on this thing because it was really smooth, and it would help me relax and go to sleep.  If I remember the story correctly, Auntie M felt that people gave gifts to new babies when they were born, but always ignored the older sibling, so Mousie came to me when my brother was born.  She sat on a shelf for a while, but then, one night, I looked up at her, and she just seemed to want to join me in bed, which has been her home ever since.  Well, Mousie made it to Korea with me, and, when I'm really stressed, I can still rub that tag and fall asleep.
  3. I'm thankful for the family that taught me to allow things to become worn.  I walk around in Korea a lot and see brand new things in the trash, just so families can prove they have enough money to throw away these beautiful things.  Because I don't mind scavenging, I have saved so much money that I've been able to use to go on fabulous vacations.  I'm sure I've done other things with that money, too, but that's what's on my mind right now.  Yay, vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment