Monday, November 12, 2012

MOTh: Day 10


3 Gifts Found in Bible Reading
For this, I'm listing my 3 favorite Bible verses.  And no, I'm not kidding on any of these.
  1. Zephaniah 3:17.  At first glance, this may be obvious.  Of course, I'm going to love any reference to G-d singing, but, as I've grown older, I've seen more and more heart-warming reassurance and peace in this verse.
  2. John 11:32-35, with particular emphasis on verse 35.  I know a lot of kids claim to love this one because of its length, but I love it because it shows the Heart of our L-rd.  He truly loved, very deeply.  Every time I read it, it brings me to tears, because I know what it is to lose someone you love, and, again, every time I read this, I learn more.
  3. Genesis 3:14-15.  Three chapters in, and we get our first Messianic prophecy.  Let me point out, that it's not even a full 10 verses past the offense.  We messed up, and G-d immediately gave us a solution.  If that doesn't make you feel truly and deeply loved, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment