Tuesday, November 20, 2012

MOTh: Days 16 - 18



3 Gifts Hard Eucharisteo
It took me a while to figure this one out... well... sort of figure this one out.  But I found a decent description here, and based on that, I am creating my thankfulness list today.

  1. I'm thankful for the moments where G-d is slapping me in the face.  Yes, I don't like it in the moment, but it always ends up for the better.  Sometimes, I think we should slap each other in our faces more.  There's nothing more of a wake-up call than that.  Except don't.  You'll get arrested.
  2. I'm thankful for Jeremy Camp.  This man has the most striking testimony, and I'm not sure how he brings himself to share it, but I'm glad he did, because he taught me to stretch myself and worship through my tears; that it's most important to do it then.
3. I'm thankful for the homesickness I'm feeling right now, because it reminds me how much I love my family.  It's so hard to be without them, especially at this time of year, but I am confident that they are incredibly special and important to me.  I love them!


3 Gifts of Laughter
This is the juxtaposition post, I guess.
  1. I'm thankful for friends that I can laugh until it hurts with.  Seriously, there's nothing more special than that, and there's nothing that bonds people together like that.
  2. I'm thankful for laughing through tears.  Those are the most precious times of laughter.
  3. I'm thankful for the laughter of children.  Theirs is the most pure... I just need to remember that when I'm tired.  HA!
A Gift Made, Shared, Passed On
Catching up!  I want to get on par in time for Thanksgiving itself!
  1. I'm thankful for the time that my friends MAKE to spend with me.  I know I've said stuff to that extent before, but I'm still thrilled because of it.
  2. I'm thankful for the days when there's a really awesome treat in the cafeteria, and my co-teachers bring me some up to the office.  They've never expressed discontent that I bring my own food.  In fact, they bring me other food they think I'll like.  They're so sweet.
  3. I'm thankful for my grandfather, Norman Schanck.  Although he's passed on, I still love him dearly, and I can't help but have him over-arching through all of my thoughts this time of year.  Like I've said before, he's the rock of my faith; I'd be someone entirely different, if not for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment