Monday, November 5, 2012

MOTh: Day 4


A Gift Gathered, Given, Good
This particular one is giving me a bit of trouble, since I'm not sure that I've ever gathered anything before in my life, but I'll give it some thought and see what I come up with.

1. I'm thankful the skills and abilities that I've gathered over time.  It's not everyone who feels so capable of surviving the zombie apocalypse that this is the first time they're mentioning it, but I do.  I feel capable of building things, planting things, insulating things, locking things, hacking things, and being able to figure out how to shoot things, should the moment call for it.  But in all seriousness, I've gotten the opportunity to have so many life experiences that many people never get (Thank you, class-based society), and, while others might feel ashamed or degraded by having these, I'm very grateful for them.

2. I'm thankful for the time that my friends and family have given to me.  I've found that it's so easy to give money in this day and age, especially for Americans.  We almost always have more expendable money than time, and so I cherish every moment that my loved ones have chosen to give to me.

3. I'm thankful for this big, beautiful, wonderful world.  G-d declared this world good.  In spite of knowing everything that was going to happen in it, He declared it good.  Who am I to argue with that?  So, in case you haven't figured it out, I've decided to make the most of that good thing and go see it all, and I'm grateful to G-d for that amazing opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment