Wednesday, November 21, 2012

MOTh: Days 19 and 20


3 Gifts Autumn
I'm naturally inclined to be a fan of Autumn.  The only problem is that I've never really been able to get through one without allergies coming in and trying to suffocate me.  It's miserable.  I'm normally a mouth-breather for three months (at least) of the year, and, let me tell you, it doesn't matter how cute that sweater is... Pockets full of tissues and snot-trailed make-up are not attractive.  But!  This year has happened to be different, because...
  1. I'm thankful that my allergies haven't kicked up this Fall.  That's right!  I can breathe!!!  I don't have to be continually EXHAUSTED (although I've been staying up too late these days, and that's definitely making up for it).  I forgot what it was to look cute in the Fall, and, I've got to say, I'm loving it. :)
  2. I'm thankful for Fall holidays.  I love them all... or at least the concept of all of them, since there are a few in there that I don't really celebrate.  But, really, there are all of these wonderful days, most of which are centered around thankfulness and remembrance, and I love it.
  3. I'm thankful for Fall food.  I crave it all year, but, while some people try to limit their Christmas music intake, I try to limit my harvest produce intake.  On the other hand, as soon as I get the hankering for Christmas music, I play it... even if it's April.  I try not to do that in public, though; I realize that there are those who wouldn't appreciate that.  So, laugh at me for this one, if you'd like, but know that I'm laughing at you as you're craving Christmas music, and I'm just going ahead and listening to it.

3 Gifts of Tradition
I love traditions.  Maybe that's because I can't put my finger on many that my family has kept going, but I think they're wonderful.
  1. I'm thankful for my family's traditional Christmas party.  We stopped doing it after we moved to Maryland, but I loved that party.  That thing pretty much defines the "Christmas spirit" for me.  I'm excited to be rekindling it this year (while I'm trying to ignore the amount of work it's going to take).
  2. I'm thankful for the tradition my dad and I are trying to start.  Since I've "grown up", Dad and I have tried to go to at least one Orioles game a year together.  I love baseball and he tolerates it, so it's nice to have something that we can bond over.  My abilities in management show even there, as I try to make management calls, and it's a nice stroke to my ego to hear my dad agree with me (or at least pretend to).  :P
  3. I'm thankful for the traditional Schanck-family Thanksgiving.  You've heard enough about this to know what this is; so I'm just going to leave you with yet another photo... one you haven't seen me put up yet. But be prepared, because the next post is "3 Gifts Family" - one I've been excited about... and yes, I'll be deviating from the requested formatting for it.  You've been warned.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment